Mambu is the SaaS banking engine powering innovative loan and deposit products, the lean alternative to cumbersome core banking systems. Helping clients to successfully start-up business ventures, transform existing operations, launch new products and expand into new markets. Mambu provides financial institutions of all sizes with the agility to rapidly design, launch, service and scale their banking and lending portfolio.
We believe that a great company is built on great people. We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help make financial services ready for the 21st century. Our clients understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner in their endeavors.
To continue our success story we are looking for a Senior Database Reliability Engineer to
build, operate and improve highly available, performant, scalable, cost-effective, reliable and
secure Mambu Cloud Platform using best in class tools and technologies
What you will be working on:
- Build and operate Mambu Cloud Platform
-Ensures that the Databases are highly available and can scale without any downtime for the customer
-Ensures that the Mambu Cloud Platform doesn’t decrease performance due to infrastructure problems
-Ensures that Mambu uses the best tools and technologies to enable database availability, and performance
-Enables self-service usage of the data platform
-Evaluates 3rd party solutions and advises in build-vs-buy decisions
-Ensures that development teams can autonomously make use of the database platforms to deliver product features at a higher pace, with reduced coordination
-Ensure database offering is agnostic (can be run and supported on any cloud or hybrid hosting)
- Develop and improve engineering tools and processes
-Define and improve delivery and deployment processes for the Mambu database services
-Ensure accessibility, integration, performance, availability and security for all the tools used in the product life cycle.
-Automation driven over manual processes
- Improve SRE/DevOps mindset and culture
-Setup and run best practices for database management
-Enable engineering teams to increase the deployment frequency, reduce the lead time for changes through self services
- Increase observability and operability
-Improve all aspects of monitoring of the Database services
-Help engineering teams get deep insights into their applications in production
-Ensure that dashboards provide the right level of information to the right people in the organization
You need to have:
- Extensive experience in managing databases, MySQL, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL
- Extensive knowledge of database insights
- Experience working with kubernetes and kubernetes storage
- Experience with database and alerting on scale
- Good knowledge of Linux systems (including networking and security)
- Understanding of cloud native applications and distributed systems
- Understanding of deployment strategies impact on Databases
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- 5-7 years of experience: at least 3 last years with a database administration at scale; at least 2 year of experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- Public Cloud experience
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure-as-code tools
- Incident management, on-call rotation
- Exposure to the Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Interest in Cloud Operations. This is not an ops position, but the goal is to create engineering solutions for ops problems.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Health insurance
- Global business travel insurance;
- Free parking space at the office;
- Professional career growth by providing access to trainings and conferences.
- Mambu has over 250+live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include FinTech innovators, traditional banks, digital banks, business and consumer lenders as well as P2P platforms who are all looking to grow and scale.
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.
- Mambu is using top tools for development activities.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site