Mambu is the SaaS banking engine powering innovative loan and deposit products, the lean alternative to cumbersome core banking systems. Helping clients to successfully start-up business ventures, transform existing operations, launch new products and expand into new markets. Mambu provides financial institutions of all sizes with the agility to rapidly design, launch, service and scale their banking and lending portfolio.
We believe that a great company is built on great people. We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help make financial services ready for the 21st century. Our clients understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner in their endeavors.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Engineering Manager, who will ensure that delivery goals & objectives are achieved by their teams, while engineers have constant skills growth and are high performers. You will be mainly focusing on guiding people in their career path whilst defining a way of working in the teams that enables high autonomy, high alignment and streamlined product engineering process.
- Build and serve a successful & motivated team by:
- Working with Product Managers & System Owners to provide servant leadership in the team;
- Co-owning the roadmap of you teams alongside Product Managers & System Owners;
- Defining, acting and monitoring on quarterly team objectives to achieve tribe goals, agreed with Tribe Champion;
- Structuring teams and creating new ones to achieve agreed goals & objectives;
- Ensuring each person fully understands their role/position and achieves the outcomes expected from them.
- Ensure that capacity & skills are ahead of team needs by:
- Acting as a Hiring manager for the team needs, ensuring team capacity to achieve expected outcomes;
- Defining recruiting strategies to acquire new skills or creating capacity to satisfy business needs, longevity, skills diversity, attrition mitigation and competitiveness;
- Coordinating internship programs to grow and attract talent;Ensuring group has only members that are aligned to our company values, engineering goals and required set of skills;
- Assuring belts balance and spread to facilitate technical and delivery sustainability.
- Provide constant growth and clear career path for Engineers by:
- Creating personalized career development plans for engineers and guiding them in achieving both personal & organization goals;
- Creating, together with the Tribe Champion, grading promotion process that ensures consistency across the group, while ensuring fair, consistent and motivating compensation;
- Establishing holistic coaching and mentorship principles and ensuring each team member receives fair & just-in-time feedback;
- Facilitating learning and skills growth for each engineer (training, conferences, learning materials, mentors etc.).
- Find a way of working that enables teams’ high autonomy, high alignment by:
- Defining and applying modern engineering practices to enable team autonomy and alignment to our way of working;
- Ensuring teams are able to autonomously design, build, test and operate their services;Identifying impediments and applying ways to overcome them;
- Connecting with other teams and stakeholders to provide visibility & transparency to current progress and agree next objectives.
- Ensure that onboarding is efficient & scalable by:
- Designing efficient onboarding process for new colleagues (new Mambuvians or people transitions from other groups);
- Making sure that new members are aligned to our values and culture & their skills and plans are aligned with the team they are part of;
- Capturing on-time feedback about the people in on-boarding and monitoring actions/corrections.
- Advertise Mambu culture and way of working by:
- Communicating internally and with each individual about our direction and beliefs;
- Being involved as a speaker at meetups/conferences in order to attract talent and contribute to the community.
You need to have:
- Strong leadership skills, in regards to establishing trust, transparency, direction and goals;
- Solid hands on background in software engineering and operations that enables smooth streamlined process for delivering value;
- Strong people management skills, able to understand people ambitions and align them to organization needs and offer constant guidance and feedback for achieving them;
- Ability to identify roles for accomplishing needs, defining talent acquisition practices, hiring plans and acting on it;
- Expertise in suggesting and implementing changes based on connecting the dots on things that come up repeatedly to find elegant solutions for them in close collaboration with the teams;
- Capacity to maintain stable performance and can-do attitude when under pressure or stress;
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Health insurance Global business travel insurance;
- Free parking space at the office;
- Professional career growth by providing access to training and conferences.
- Mambu has over 250+live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include FinTech innovators, traditional banks, digital banks, business and consumer lenders as well as P2P platforms who are all looking to grow and scale.
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do.
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better.
- Mambu is using top tools for development activities.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site