Mambu is the leading SaaS core banking engine. If you’re a customer of the largest digital bank in the EU, then you’ve probably interacted with our platform and didn't even know it. We are at the heart of what makes digital banks and lenders work - the system that processes banking transactions and updates accounts and other financial records from deposits to loans and credit balances. But we are different. We are not just cloud-native, lean and flexible - we are helping to revolutionise financial services globally. We are in a growth phase and we’ve only just begun.
To help us on our mission, we are bringing together people with the best skills and attitude. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what matters is the impact you have and your passion to make a difference.
To help us in our journey, we are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Cards team to define the functional architecture, transform the functional requirements into implementable technical requirements and oversee implementation of card connectors in the Ecosystem Tribe in Mambu. The Ecosystem Tribe is the Product Tribe responsible for enabling productised integrations between Mambu and third-party technology vendors.
- Define and Maintain the Ecosystem Tribe Roadmap by:
- Using your technical skills to select value-driven vendors and connectors that address specific customer problems and business needs;
- Reviewing incoming connector proposals, by validating against strategy and incorporating them into the roadmap if applicable;
- Making realistic roadmap commitments for new connectors, with input from the team;
- Continuously communicating with Delivery, Support, Customer Success, Sales and Solution Engineering, to validate any assumptions on the problems / challenges, commitments made and adjusting the roadmap accordingly;
- Ensuring that initiatives in the roadmap are directly aligned with the strategic objectives of the Product organization in general and the Ecosystem Tribe in particular;
- Collaborating with Partnership, Sales and Solution Engineering teams to identify the best connectors to be implemented, based on customer needs;
- Conducting vendor qualification processes to select the best partners to integrate with.
- Ensure outcome-focused communication of the progress of the product area by:
- Defining key outcome-based metrics per each initiative and continuously communicating on the progress towards reaching the objective;
- Becoming involved in non-functional aspects of software delivery such as application telemetry, performance, reliability, resilience, security and compliance.
- Work with the engineering teams to build the right products by:
- Understanding the specific challenges of the Ecosystem Tribe. Proposing workable solutions to the engineering teams, defining the functional building blocks of your product with consideration for product positioning, integrability and scalability;
- Working closely with the engineering team, jointly defining the functional architecture components, defining epics and user stories for the team and reviewing the implementation outcomes;
- Leading requirements-gathering sessions, such as backlog refinement and specification by example workshops;
- Helping the team prioritise the items in the backlog based on actual impact and cost of delay, ensuring a clear direction for the near term;
- Identifying market opportunities that would give Mambu a functional or technical edge over the competition;
- Ensuring connectors are clearly scoped, specifications are agreed and understood so that engineers know exactly what they have to do;
- Ensuring vendor APIs, sandbox and other integration systems are in place for the team to implement the integration.
- Actively communicate with the rest of the organisation and with clients by:
- Ensuring continuous and consistent communication on the strategy and the roadmap of the Ecosystem Tribe;
- Helping create and maintain Sales and Marketing enablement materials, related to the connectors implemented by the Tribe;
- Maintaining a healthy and meaningful relationship with the Mambu customers.
You need to have:
- Academic degree in a Technical Software field (computer science or equivalent) and/or a Business degree in Economics / Accountancy or similar;
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant expertise in Product Management, specifically managing card issuer and processing products;
- Deep technical understanding of card lifecycle management and issuer-processor transaction processes;
- Good knowledge of card schemes such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, UnionPay etc;
- Good understanding of Compliance frameworks such as PCI-DSS;
- A good understanding of Rest APIs, both functional and technical;
- Outstanding analytical and data driven decision-making skills;
- Passion and interest for banking, fintech or financial inclusion products and services.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience in working with a card issuer-processor ( likes of Marqeta, GPS, MPTS etc);
- Experience of working in a Product-led SaaS company / start-up environment.
- Experience in building and releasing products from scratch.
- Good understanding of software design and architecture
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Summer schedule (4-days/week);
- Standup Desk in a very modern office and access to the best logistics;
- Professional career growth by providing access to training and conferences;
- Mambu has over 250+ live deployments, helping to revolutionise financial services in more than 46 countries globally, and we're just getting started;
- We understand nothing ensures our customers' success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership in everything we do;
- Mambu proactively takes the initiative to improve the industry for the better;
- Mambu is using top tools for development activities.
More about us:
To stay on top of the latest Fin-Tech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit Career Site